We currently do not have any dances scheduled. We are in an inactive state but are keeping the website and its resources up and available for our community until funds run out.
Dances We Completed in 2015
This program was sponsored by several community donors to help prevent and manage diabetes. All ages, abilities, type of diabetes, people without diabetes and support people were encouraged to attend.
If you don’t have diabetes, do you know your risk for getting it?
Take the survey and find out.
WHERE: The African American Art & Culture Complex at 762 Fulton Street, SF, CA 94102.
WHEN: Every 2nd Saturday in 2015 from 1 to 3 pm.
Our final dance was September 12, 2015.
The program included:
- Monthly dances for the non-dancer in a supportive environment
- Light dance instruction taught by experts with a variety of music genres
- Free-dance session to allow for individual expression
- Access to certified diabetes educators who answer questions and assist in the event of low sugar (glucose)
- Professional and personalized diabetes feedback by monitoring key health markers such as glucose, A1C (3-month glucose), blood pressure, and weight.
- Referral list to local primary care physicians and endocrinologists
MAR 14: Zumba Gold
APR 11: Hot Hula
MAY 9: American Line Dancing
JUN 13: Samba
JUL 11: Michael Jackson vs. Prince
AUG 8: Tai Chi
SEPT 12: Tarantella (last dance of 2015)